30 hours Free Childcare
To attend Crossflatts Primary Schools Nursery, firstly you will need to ensure your child's name is on the waiting list, please call the school office 01274 782070 to arrange this. We have a 30 place nursery combining AM, PM and full time places for those eligible for 30 hours, to discuss availability please call the school office.
To check if you are eligible for 30 hours free childcare please go to:
What is 30 hours free childcare?
- For working families in England
- With 3 and 4-year-old children
- 30 hours of free childcare or early education for 38 weeks
- A total of 1,140 hours per year, that you can use flexibly with one or more
You, and any partner, must each expect to earn (on average) at least £125 per week (equal to 16 hours at the National Minimum or Living Wage).
If you, or your partner, are on maternity, paternity or adoption leave, or you're unable to work because you are disabled or have caring responsibilities, you could still be eligible.
You can't get 30 hours free childcare if either you, or your partner, each individually expect to earn £100,000 or more.
When can my child start?
Your child can start in their childcare place the term after they turn 3 years old and have received a valid 30 hours code, whichever is later.
To keep your 30 hours free childcare place you need to check your details are up to date every 3 months.
Where can I use it?
It's available at participating:
- Full day care (e.g nurseries)
- Sessional providers (e.g. playgroups)
- Sure Start Children's Centres
- After school clubs
Nursery Additional Session Payment Option
All children receive 15 hours free, funded education each week, from the term after their third birthday. Some families will be eligible for 30 hours free entitlement and will require a 30 hour code to access this provision.
For those families entitled to 15 hours only, a further 15 hours may be available if the nursery has capacity to offer extra sessions. These sessions will be offered on the understanding that a full 15 hours will be purchased and will incur the charge below.
The charge will be:
- 3 hour nursery session (12pm-3pm) - £12
Additional sessions will be allocated on a first come first served basis
Payment of Fees
- A full payment for each half term is required by the end of the 2nd week of the half term
- If payment is not made by the end of the 4th week of the half term your child may not attend nursery until the full amount has been paid
- You will not be charged for Bank Holidays, snow days or any other days whereby school is closed due to unforeseen circumstances
- If your child is absent, refunds or reductions are not available
- Payments will be made via ParentPay – please see our website for further information. A parent pay activation letter will be sent home with your child after they have started nursery.
- Any variations to charges and conditions are at the discretion of the Headteacher and Early Years Lead. If fees are not paid, we reserve the right to cancel the care. If you are experiencing difficulties with payments, please discuss this as soon as possible with the Early Years lead.