Additional Funding for your child

Additional Funding for your Child!


This is money for your child in addition to free school meals which are currently being provided for all of key stage 1 and Reception.



As I am sure you are aware, all children in Key Stage 1 and Foundation Stage are entitled to Free School Meals. In addition to this there is further funding which can be accessed by all families called Pupil Premium funding. This is money which is provided to school as additionality for your child. This money is used to accelerate learning but can also be used to:


  • Support Trips and Residentials
  • Buy School Uniform
  • Access Breakfast Club
  • Access After School Club
  • Extracurricular activities (school clubs, swimming lessons, beavers, brownies, climbing, archery)
  • Educational / residential visits
  • Buy uniform and equipment
  • Buy specialist resources for individual children

We feel that due to the free school meals which are being offered, many families may be missing out on this funding.

You can apply for school meals if you receive:

  • Income Support
  • Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
  • Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Child Tax Credit with an annual income of less than £16,190, provided they are not receiving Working Tax Credit
  • the ‘Guaranteed’ element of the State Pension Credit
  • support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 (you will need to apply directly to the school not Bradford Council)
  • Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
  • Universal Credit

The easiest way to see if your child is entitled to this funding is to apply online. Please follow the link below.

To apply for Free School Meals (Pupil Premium Funding) you will need the following information:

  • Your Full Name
  • Your Address including Postcode
  • Your Date of Birth and National Insurance number or National Asylum Seekers Support Number
  • The full names of your children
  • The Date of Birth of your children
  • The name and address of their school

This application should be made by the person receiving the qualifying benefit.

Children across all of primary school and secondary school may be eligible. Please don’t assume that if one of your children is receiving the funding then the others siblings will also be. It will be necessary to complete another application form.