PTA 'Friends of Crossflatts'
We are the 'Friends of Crossflatts Primary School' - otherwise known as the Crossflatts PTA.
…..Our aim is to develop a relationship between parents and staff of the school, and to engage in activities or provide equipment that supports the school….
Please take the time to have a look around to see what we are currently doing.
Meet the PTA
- Kirsty Forrester and Steph Cawkwell
Committee - Chair:
- Jean Robinson
- Kirsty Forrester
- Steph Cawkwell
Ordinary Committee member, with responsibility as bank signatory:
- Vicky Birch
- Andrew Cawkwell
Year Group Reps
- Reception - Emma Childs
- Year 1 Abbie Drew and Lucy Hennessy
- Year 2 Zanetti (Phillipa Hartley)
- Year 3 Vicky Birch (Tam and Gillian)
- Year 4 Simon K (Claire Robinson)
- Year 5 Dianne W
- Year 6 Caroline Brown and Penny
Should you have any queries or wish to contact the PTA please email; PTA@crossflatts.bradford.sch.uk
You can also speak to our Class representatives in the play ground or come along to one of our regular meetings.
How can you help?
There are many ways to support the PTA:
- Event Support - can you help at the table top sale, disco's etc?
- Builders and Joiners - Can you make things for us?
- Work place community support schemes - Does you employer have a scheme?
- Old (unwanted) toys and books
Do you have any ideas? Come along to the coffee mornings or meetings and share them with us.
Friends of Crossflatts meetings:
- 23rd February am
All meetings are in the Willows come along and say hello!
- 16th March Year 5/6
Family Film Night Friday 23rd March - Details to follow
Easter Egg Comp -Monday 26th March
Rose Day - Thursday 5th July
We are currently targeting £6300 for 2017-18, to fund the cost of the Outdoor theater and we have currently donated £3000 towards this.
We also contribute £2000 towards the costs of craft and baking in school.
Our previous fundraising of £7000 was used by the school towards the £12000 cost of building the new Atrium - this has provided much needed space in the school hall for all the pupils to benefit from.
We raised this money through the following:
- Smartie challenge -£1149.44
- Rose Day - £3931.81
- Pumpkin Disco - £219
- Winter Warmer - £728.55
- Table top sales - £178
- Barclays Matched Funding - £1000
The PTA has also helped to fund the The School mini buses - This is a joint venture with Saltaire School, Priesthorpe School, and Eldwick School.